Sunday, November 13, 2011

Altered Pumpkin & Hostess Gift

Hi everyone!  Today I have 2 adorable projects for I Am Roses.  I got this paper mache pumpkin a few months ago and knew right away that I wanted to alter it up to use it as a centerpiece for one of my tables for Thanksgiving dinner.

I started out by painting the pumpkin.  I mixed some orange and yellow acrylic paint together to get the color I wanted and painted the stem brown.  After the pumpkin had dried, I sprayed it with LSG Opal Sea Oats to give it a bit of shimmer.  I created the banner using some stickers from the "Catching Fall" collection by Lily Bee Design and the MFT banner Die-namic.  I used brown StazOn ink to stamp "blessed" using the Typewriter Alphabet stamps by MFT.  I put brown rhinestones in the center of each pennant and anchored it on both sides with some burlap string by May Arts.

I just love how beautiful the I Am Roses flowers are on this pumpkin.  Here are the products I used:
Small Natural Skeleton Leaves (sprayed with LSG Dark Chocolate Truffle)
2" Rose (sprayed with LSG Cajun Carnelian Red)
Puffy Semi-Open Rose Buds (sprayed with LSG Cajun Carnelian Red)
Brown Black Semi-Open Rose Buds (currently being restocked)
Brown wheat leaves from Karla's Etsy
Brass maple leaf charms by LSG


I also created a hostess gift to give at Thanksgiving.  I picked up this glass jar at my local drug store for $1.00.  I tied some orange tulle around the jar and accented the bow with some gorgeous flowers and leaves from I Am Roses.  

I filled the jar with pumpkin pods and then nestled in a tea light candle.

It's amazing how a few IAR flowers can really make a simple project look so special.  

Here are the IAR flowers I used:
2" Rose (sprayed with LSG Cajun Carnelian Red)


Click HERE to watch a video on how to create these adorable projects.  I hope you enjoyed today's projects and be sure to check out I Am Roses for these beautiful flowers and so many more items to make your projects dazzle.  Hope your week is filled with Love and Whimsy! ♥ 

- HUGS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment