Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall Altered Metal Sign

I picked up this adorable orange metal sign at Hobby Lobby for $2.50.  What a steal, right...??  I have been looking for a cute sign to hang from the door in my classroom, but haven't found anything that wasn't Halloween or Thanksgiving specific...so I decided to create something.

I just love the way it turned out and I think my kiddos are going to like it too!!  At the bottom of this post is a list of the supplies I used to create this wonder-fall sign... Hehe :)

Here's a close-up of the beautiful I Am Roses flowers that I altered with LSG sprays.
Isn't that shimmer gorgeous?!?


The floral picks that are nestled behind the flowers originally had white berries, but I changed them using the Glimmer Mist sprays listed below.  I just used a paintbrush to color the berries up!  Here's a pic of what the floral picks looked like before.

Supplies Used:
Small Green Leaves by I Am Roses
Big Brown Leaves by I Am Roses
Small Brown Leaves by I Am Roses
Big White Puffy Daises by I Am Roses
Brown Cherry Blossoms by I Am Roses
Indian Corn Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels
Sugar Maple Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels
Twigs from my yard
Floral Picks from JoAnn's

I just love how my sign turned out and can't wait to hang it from my classroom door tomorrow!  Hope everyone had a whimsical weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment