Monday, September 5, 2011

I Am Roses Design Team Entry

I just submitted my entry to be on the I Am Roses Design team....wish me luck! ;)  All participants had to create 2 projects using I Am Roses products, not a stretch for me to say the least...haha.

Project 1: Tissue Paper Mini Album - "Fallin' for You"

I used 5 tissue paper rolls that I painted with dark brown acrylic paint and then sprayed with LSG Dark Chocolate Truffle starburst stain.  I then ran them through my Big Shot to flatten them a bit.  I used the new fall collection by Bo Bunny, Forever Fall.  I edged all of the papers with my Tim Holtz edge distresser.  I created the pull out tags from the scraps I had leftover.

The front cover features a beautiful IAR flower that I sprayed with LSG Cajun Carnelian Red starburst stain and oh how beautiful it turned out.  The teal crocheted flower is also from IAR.  I accented both flowers with IAR leaves that have been inked with TH distress inks.  I tied some seam binding, tulle, and lace to the jump ring and added a cute little key charm.

Both of these pages feature IAR leaves and an itty bitty IAR rose that I edged with Vintage Photo distress ink.  The tickets were created using the Die-namics Just the Ticket and Stamp Set by MFT.  I created the burlap rosette and added a TH muse token.

The left page features 2 adorable flowers by IAR.  I accented the adorable brown and white flower with 2 mulberry paper leaves.  The vintage looking flower  started as IAR loose hydrangea petals that I sprayed with LSG Buccaneer Bay Blue Moon Shadow Mist and accented with a burlap leaf I cut out using the Mini Branch & Leaf die by TH and of course.....a touch of bling is always necessary! :)

The right page has a sweet piece of brown lace holding 3 journaling cards that have been kept together with a paper clip.  The lace is accented with 2 IAR flowers that I sprayed with LSG Polished Copper Glitz Spritz (no longer available).

The left page features my all-time favorite flowers, cherry blossoms!  The lace from the opposite page shows on this side and is the perfect spot to tuck a photo.  The "Autumn Day" rub on is from my stash.

The right page is my favorite.  I used the Scallop Lace Envelop die by Sizzix to hold some cute journaling cards and closed it with a Maya Road stick pin.  At the bottom is a gorgeous IAR flower accented with brown and green leaves and a touch of bling.

I love these pages too!  The left page features an IAR puffy daisy that started out white.  I sprayed it with LSG Cajun Carnelian Red starburst stain and added some brad bling by Recollections.  The branch was cut out using the Mini Branch & Leaf die by TH and accented with IAR leaves.  The chipboard sentiment is from my stash.

The right page has a frame that came as a cutout from the paper collection.  I cut out a bird using the Bird & Cage die by TH.  I sprayed the bird using LSG Screamin' Banshee Black starburst stain.  I layered a beautiful IAR flower with a double-bow tied with burlap string and a few tiny leaves that I inked with TH walnut stain distress ink.  I added a trio of Recollections bling to finish it off!

The final page has 3 tags attached with a clothespin.  I layered some swirly bling, a jean flower (I cut out a flower from an old pair of Seven jeans using a Sizzix die), some tiny leaves, and topped it with a brown-edged mini rose.  I inked the 4 leaves using TH distress inks: Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo, and Walnut Stain.

The sentiments I used throughout the mini came from several stamp sets:
Autumn Splendor by CTMH (Retired)
Something Splendid by CTMH (Retired)
Limited Edition by CTMH (Current Stamp of the Month!)

Project 2: Card - "I Treasure You"

The papers I used are from the Perfect Day collection by CTMH.  I edged all the papers with TH Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.  The adorable mermaid stamp is from the stamp set "Who's That Mermaid?" by MFT.  I colored the stamp up with my Copic markers and here are the different combos I used.

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E21
Sand: E30, E31, E33, E34
Water: BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18
Sky: B000, B00, B01, Colorless Blender
Fin: BG72, BG75
Top: R59

I colored the mermaid's fin with my Copic markers and then used my LSG Magical Micas in Tainted Love Teal.  Isn't the shimmer gorgeous?

I used some aqua satin pleated trim by Maya Road and then topped it with some flat back pearls that I had in my stash.  I combined a bunch of flowers from IAR and used some starfish and shell die cuts and tucked them in like leaves. I just love how cute this is.  The large teal flower was originally white, but I used my LSG Magical Micas to color this up too!  I also nestled in some pearl accents to fill in the gaps. 
The sentiment is from the Who's That Mermaid?" stamp set by MFT and the banner is from a die by MFT as well - Die-Namics First Place Award Ribbon Die & Stamp Set.  I just cut one of the banners in half.

Here's a peek at the inside.....

Have a whimsical afternoon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment