Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Handmade Birthday Present

My Mom's birthday is this weekend, so I decided to create something especially for her.  I have had these large word letters in my stash for over a year and haven't done anything with them.  So, I decided it was time to get them out and alter them up! Lol.  I purchased the wood letters from ADORNit.  The letters spell H-O-M-E.  Here's a pic of what they look like on the website.

They adhered paper to the wood letters, but I chose to go another route.  I started out painting each letter with my LSG Dark Chocolate Truffle Color Shot and then edged them with gold Rub n' Buff.

I then decorated each letter with some items from my stash.  I used some paper and other goodies from the Reflections collection by Prima.  I also used a ton of I Am Roses products.  

Here is a list of the different IAR products that I used:
Brown Cherry Blossoms S3-578
Brown Curly Roses G3-578
2" Pale Brown Roses R40-40
1" Brown Roses R5-40
2" Brown Roses R77-40
1" Brown Roses R6-827
Natural Skeleton Leaves K1-805/Z
Small Green Leaves ZQ L0-0

Here's a closer look at each letter:
I created the rosette out of an old dictionary page and then inked it up with my TH Vintage Photo distress ink.  The key is from my stash and attached with some burlap string by May Arts.  The green sprig is from JoAnn's.

All this letter needed were some beautiful I Am Roses products.  I just love the rich colors, so great for Fall! :)

I cut the doily out using the Open Scallop Doily Die-Namics by MFT. and weaved some more burlap string through the scallops.  The butterflies are brass charms from LSG.  I altered the bottom one with Midnight Copper Obsidian embossing powder by LSG and the top buttefly with copper alcohol ink by Tim Holtz.

Another letter featuring some more beautiful I Am Roses products.  I just love the skeleton leaves, they are so much fun to put on your projects.

I used some jute that I purchased at Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market to hang each letter from.  You never know where you are going to find something that you can incorporate into your projects!  Haha :)

I also created a matching card to go with my gift.  I used the same Prima paper collection and some more beautiful IAR products. 


This project has made me so excited for the upcoming Fall season.  I am in love with these dark, rich colors!   Hope you enjoy my projects and your day is filled with Love & Whimsy. :)

- Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment