Sunday, January 22, 2012

I Treasure You

Today, I am posting a card for our weekly challenge over at Queen of My Craftroom.  Our challenge this week was to create a card using a stamped image that is colored.  We weren't allowed to use any die-cutting machines (Cricut, Big Shot, Vagabond, etc.)  Not so easy, that's for sure.  Hehe :)  I used 3 of my favorite products: MFT stamps, I Am Roses flowers, and LSG Magical Micas.  The card is 5.5 x 5.5.


The papers I used are from the Perfect Day collection by CTMH.  I edged all the papers with TH Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.  The adorable mermaid stamp is by My Favorite Things - "Who's That Mermaid?"  I colored the stamp up with my Copic markers and here are the different combos I used.

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E21
Sand: E30, E31, E33, E34
Water: BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18
Sky: B000, B00, B01, Colorless Blender
Fin: BG72, BG75
Top: R59

I colored the mermaid's fin with my Copic markers and then used my LSG Magical Micas in Tainted Love Teal.  Isn't the shimmer gorgeous?


I used some aqua satin pleated trim by Maya Road and then topped it with some flat back pearls that I had in my stash.  I combined a bunch of flowers from I Am Roses and used some starfish like you would leaves.  I just love how cute this is.  The large teal flower was originally white, but I used my LSG magical micas to color this up too!  I also nestled in some pearl accents to fill in the gaps.


The sentiment is from the "Who's That Mermaid?" stamp set. 


Here's a peek at the inside.  Hope you liked today's project and that your day is filled with Love & Whimsy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment