Sunday, October 16, 2011

Shabby Chic Birthday Card

Hi guys, hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  I created a "shabby chic" birthday card for I Am Roses.  I used the 5th Avenue paper collection by Melissa Frances.  I have been trying to create projects with colors that I normally don't use and this paper collection is full of them!  I like pastels, but don't typically create projects using them.  

Here's the card...

I cut up a doily I had in my stash and I just love how cute it is in the corner of this card.  The postage frame is from the "First Class Friend Stamp and Die-Namic" set by MFT.  I just cut out the ballerina image from the paper collection and nestled it into the frame.  I sprayed the frame using LSG Desert Moon Cactus Gold.  I love the combination of colors used on this card.  This paper collection is so light and almost faded looking, but the beautiful I Am Roses flowers really make the colors pop.

Here are the IAR products that I used on this card:

I used all of the IAR products "as is."  IAR flowers come to you ready to use and are absolutely gorgeous right out of the package...hehe! :)  Aren't those crocheted flowers adorable peeking out from under the pale pink mini roses?  I love the texture element that it adds to the card.

Here's the inside of the card...

The sentiments used on this card are from the "Card Chatter - Birthday" stamp set by Close to My Heart.  Hope everyone has a week that is filled with Love & Whimsy! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment