Sunday, May 15, 2011

Father's Day Altered Box

I bought this box at Hobby Lobby for $1.97 on clearance.


I altered the box to hold a Father's Day present for my Dad.



I painted the box with a taupe color and then used a crackle medium and finished it with dark chocolate brown paint.  I love the way it turned out.  It looks like a vintage suitcase.  My Dad loves boxes and anything vintage, so this should be a hit!  I decoupaged some paper and embellishments from the BoBunny Timepiece collection on the top.  The scrabble tiles I got off of Etsy and stained them up with my TH Walnut Stain.  The skeleton leaves are from I Am Roses and the bling is by Recollections.  The black beading around the inlay  area is from Hobby Lobby.  I got a 25 yard roll yesterday for $1.50.  They aren't flat-back pearls, but do the same job and are a lot cheaper too.  My brother is going to mail me all kinds of goodies from Korea and we are going to fill it with Father's Day gifts.  I left the sides alone, because I really wanted the crackle to show.  I just love how cute it is.  And I managed to create another masculine project, these are so hard for me!! :)

2 comments:

  1. You're right... "manly" projects are really hard to make/find! I've been gathering some homemade father's day gift ideas over on my site if you're interested: http://www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com/Fathers-Day-Crafts

    I love that you personalized this gift for your Dad, and it will be so great once it's filled with goodies from Korea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Gorgeous!!! I just made a Timepiece mini that took me 7-8 days and now I have so much leftover Timepiece stuff... thanks for the inspiration!!

    I'm a new follower.

    x0, Damaris

    ReplyDelete