Sunday, May 15, 2011

Masculine Gift

My brother moved to Korea last Monday and I wanted to make him something.  I had a hard time thinking of masculine gifts that didn't include flowers, trim, or glitter.  Not including any of these is a very difficult for me.  Haha. :)  I also had to keep size in mind, as all he could take with him had to fit into 2 suitcases and a carry-on.  So, I decided to create him a travel log or a mini book that he can put his thoughts and memories in.




The front and back covers of the book are heavy-weight chipboard that I painted black.  I covered the front and back cover with papers from the DCWV Tattered Time collection.  The pages inside are Gina K Luxury cardstock and are very heavy, so they should be quite durable.  I bound the mini-book with my Bind-It-All and attached a key for a masculine touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment