Sunday, December 4, 2011

Altered Christmas Ornaments

Every Christmas it's always the same....I go to buy Christmas ornaments and I can't find any that match the theme of my tree.  They are usually the wrong color, wrong size, etc.  So this year, I decided I was going to create my own.  I created these adorable ornaments using some gorgeous products by I Am Roses.

I bought these birds at Target.  At $2.00 each, it was a great deal.  I love the birds since they fit into my "whimsical theme," however, I don't like the blue felt flowers.  So...I decided to remove them and add some IAR goodies.

Here's how they turned out.




I also picked up some cinnamon sticks.  I just bundled 4 together and tied it with a piece of ribbon and hot glued a gorgeous Big Red Gardenia onto the ribbon.

I picked up this picture frame at Hobby Lobby for $1.00.  I tore out a sheet of old music from a book that my Mom had on the piano when I was growing up and inked it with my TH Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I added some beautiful flowers on the side.  Isn't the green rose so pretty with Stickles on the edge of the petals.  I ♥ how easy and eye-catching that is!


Below are links to all of the IAR products I used on today's project:
White Paper Flowers (sprayed with LSG Desert Moon Cactus Gold and LSG Green with Envy Green)

Click HERE to watch a short video of my altered ornaments.  I hope everyone has a whimsical week.  The "Christmas" bug has finally arrived and I have so many other projects I am excited to share with you in the next few weeks! HUGS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment