Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dress Form Canvas


I created this canvas as a gift for someone.  It started out as just an 8 x 10 stretched natural canvas, like this one.  Nothing great and really kinda boring, but not after I got my hands on it! :)


I painted it with Folk Art Metallic Sahara Gold acrylic paint and then glued on a piece of flocked damask designer paper by GCD Studios from the Paris Nights Collection. 

FolkArt Metallic Acrylic Paintpads/Paris-Nights-12x12-Cover.jpg

I then began layering a bunch of goodies onto the canvas.  The dress forms are Wooden Flourishes: Manequins by KaiserCraft and the Say it in Crystals black corner bling is by Prima.  I hot glued down some black sequin lace and then layered a bunch of flowers from I Am Roses.  


Here is a list of the different flowers that I used: G3-153, R77-310, R21-410, T25-152, R2-505, and R2-840.  I used the following Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays to color the flowers: Opal Sea Oats Starburst Stain, Golden Sleigh Bells Starburst Color Shot, and Desert Moon Cactus Gold Glitz Spritz.  


I curled the edge of the damask designer paper back with my paint brush and then edged it with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I used the Ornamental Movers & Shapers Die by Tim Holtz to cut out the black frame and then glued on the quote by Helen Keller. 


No comments:

Post a Comment