Saturday, June 25, 2011

Scrap Happy

Do you save ALL your scraps?  Well, I do and I have so many I have to start using them up.  If I have a paper collection that I love, I have a really hard time throwing any of it away....even if it's a tiny piece.  I store all my scraps from specific collections in Ziploc bags like this one.

Well, the Portrait Collection by Crate Paper is one of my all-time favs!  So, of course I have a lot of little scraps. :)

I decided to create a project with my scraps and here's what I came up with.  Since I have a ton of little bitty pieces, I decided to create a patchwork quilt or collage piece using the scraps.  First, I tore the paper and sorted them into piles.

I then cut a piece of scrap kraft cardstock and put down some glue.  I used my Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive for this and it worked great!

I randomly began putting scraps down and covered the cardstock.  After it was completely covered, I took it to my paper trimmer and cut it down.

Here's what it looks like:

I then created a card with this cute piece.

....and this is why I save all my little bitty paper scraps.

Thanks for stopping by!  I have a great idea for one of my SMASH books and it involves stamps, stay tuned to find out more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment