Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tropical Travelogue Altered Frame

Hi guys!  I have a tropically project to share with you today for I Am Roses.  My parents went to Maui a few weeks ago and I loved this picture of my Mom staring out at the ocean, so I decided to create an altered frame for her.  I used the "Tropical Travelogue" collection by Graphic 45, so beachy and fun!

I painted the frame with a coat of gesso and "Calypso Blue" acrylic paint by Americana and then sprayed it with LSG Buccaneer Bay Blue Moon Shadow Mist and Desert Moon Cactus Gold Glitz Spritz.  I ♥ how it turned out.

The flowers above were created using these I Am Roses products.

Yellow Flower:
Big White Puffy Daisies (sprayed with LSG Grab a Guy Gold)
White Stamen (sprayed with LSG Cajun Carnelian Red)

Red Flower
Big White Puffy Daisies (sprayed with LSG Cajun Carnelian Red)
White Stamen (sprayed with LSG Red Hot Poker Orange)

Blue Flower:
White Paper Flowers (sprayed with LSG Tainted Love Teal & Desert Moon Cactus Gold)
White Stamen (sprayed with LSG Grab a Guy Gold)

Green Grape Leaves (sprayed with LSG Gator Gumbo Olive) 

I fussy-cut these images out of the paper collection, this collection is gorgeous!  I sprayed the 2" Rose with LSG Red Hot Poker Orange and added some Green Grape Leaves (sprayed with LSG Gator Gumbo Olive).


I added a bit of the patterned DP at the bottom of the frame along with some trims from Karlas001. 


Check out a detailed video of my altered frame HERE.  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekened!  HUGS ♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment